Deep Tissue and Injury Treatment is Our Specialty
Decades of experience enable us to decrease your recovery time,
increase your resiliency, and help you get back on your game.*
Deep tissue Massage
- Flushes lactic acid and other metabolic waste from your muscles and replaces it with oxygen and nutrient-rich blood
- Addresses deep structures that contribute to physical dysfunction
- Has a beneficial effect on blood pressure — People who had a deep-tissue massage saw their systolic pressure drop by an average of 10.4 mm Hg
and their diastolic pressure drop an average 5.3 mm Hg, according to a study cited by the University of Maryland Medical Center
- Deep-tissue massage can help increase the body's production of serotonin, the hormone that promotes happiness and good feelings.
Injury treatment work
- Breaking up scar tissue from the original injury that causes secondary problems,
- Realigning muscle and collagen fibers for optimal healing
- Releasing compensatory patterns that exacerbate the original injury.
- Recovering and improving range of motion
* Studies have shown that treatment massage can enhance performance through increased range of motion, improved muscle strength, and enhanced proprioceptive ability. Treatment massage reduces inflammatory cytokine compounds in muscles and stimulate mitochondrial function, thus enhancing muscular repair. Ultimately, treatment massage helps not just exercise-induced muscle injury, but swelling and pain associated with other medical conditions as well.
We make use of neurofascial and myofascial release techniques in our treatments,
and can provide stretching and exercise protocols to help further your recovery.